The ADvTECH Group, a JSE Limited company leads the private sector in the fields of education and resourcing, contributing meaningfully towards the sustainable development of human capacity in South Africa.
Having celebrated 25 years of excellence in education during 2012, the Group’s special contribution to education and socio-economic upliftment was recognised in Financial Mail’s Top Empowerment companies for 2012, where ADvTECH was sixth in the Socio-economic Development table for the Consumer Services Sector. The Group received the standard of excellence achiever award for Deloittes “Best Company to Work For” for the second year in a row.
Our active involvement in developing South Africa’s human capital and economic growth prospects and our high standards of corporate citizenship were once again recognised by our inclusion in the JSE’s SRI index for the fifth consecutive year.
Operational Highlights – year ended December 2012
- Our 1 301 Matric students achieved a 99% pass rate
- 2 840 Matric subject distinctions were obtained
- 157 of our Matric students achieved six or more distinctions
- 3% of our Matric students achieved overall averages of 90% and above
- Our students were placed in the top 15 nationally in the Unisa CTA examinations
- The IIE’s BCom and BA Degrees achieved 70% pass rates and 16 to 25% distinction rates
- 3 758 candidates placed in jobs