PAIA Manual ADvTECH Trust
PREPARED IN TERMS OF SECTION 51 OF THE PROMOTION OF ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT, No. 2 of 2000
for ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trust SHARE INCENTIVE TRUST
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Contact details and general information
- Guidelines in terms of section 10 on how to use the Act
- Records available in terms of other legislation
- Access to records
5.1. Automatic disclosures
5.2. Records that may be requested
5.3. Request procedures
- Availability of the manual
- Right of appeal
- Prescribed forms
The Promotion of Access to Information Act, no 2 of 2000 (“the Act”) gives effect to the right of access to information in records held by public or private bodies that is required for the exercise or protection of any rights as enshrined in the Bill of Rights in The Constitution of The Republic of South Africa, 1996 (“the Constitution”). The Act sets out the requisite procedural issues attached to such request, the requirements with which such a request must comply as well as the grounds for refusal of such request.
The manual informs requesters of the procedural and other requirements with which a request must comply in terms of the Act.
The Act recognizes that the right to access of information cannot be unlimited and should be subject to justifiable limitations, including, but not limited to:
Limitations aimed at reasonable protection of privacy;
Effective, efficient and good governance.
The right to access to information must also be balanced against any other rights contained in the Constitution.
ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trust is a public company, incorporated according to the laws of South Africa, and listed on the JSE Ltd.
It is a leader in providing quality education, training, skills development and placement services within South Africa.
ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trust owns the following companies and divisions:
The Independent Institute of Education (Pty) Ltd
- Abbotts College
- Junior Colleges
- College Campus
- Rosebank College
- Varsity College
- Design School Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd
- Design School South Africa
- ADvTECH Resourcing (Pty) Ltd
- Brent Personnel
- Cassel & Co
- Communicate Personnel
- IT Edge
- Network Recruitment
- Tech-Pro Personnel
- Kapele Appointments (Pty) Ltd
- Inkokheli HR Appointments
- The Working Earth
- Corporate College International
ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trust also owns the following companies:
- ADvTECH Resource Holdings (Pty) Ltd
- ADvTECH Training (Pty) Ltd
- Business Learning Systems (Pty) Ltd
- Strategic Connection (Pty) Ltd
- Resource Development International (Pty) Ltd
- Bryan Hattingh Independent Services (Pty) Ltd
Further public information regarding ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trust can be found on the website – see below.
2. CONTACT DETAILS AND GENERAL INFORMATION
All requests for information in terms of the Act must be in writing and addressed to the Information officer of ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trust as set out below:
Company name: ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trust
Registration number: IT12694/99
Inanda Greens Office Park
54 Wierda Road West
Wierda Valley, Sandton 2146
Chief Executive Officer: Frank Thompson
Sandra Saunders (Group Company Secretary)
3. GUIDELINES IN TERMS OF SECTION 10 ON HOW TO USE THE ACT
A guide on how to use the Act to obtain information is available in various languages from the South African Human Rights Commission.
Please direct queries to them at:
4. RECORDS AVAILABLE IN TERMS OF OTHER LEGISLATION
Records available in terms of other legislation, as amended, are as follows:
- Labour Relations Act 66 of 1995
- Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act 75 of 1997
- Compensation of Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act 130 of 1993
- Companies Act 71 or 2008
- Unemployment Insurance Act 63 of 2001
- Value Added Tax Act 89 of 1991
- Income Tax Act 58 of 1962
- Skills Development Act 9 of 1999
- Stock Exchanges Control Act 1 of 1985 and the Rules and Listing Requirements of the JSE Securities Exchange issued in terms thereof
- South African Schools Act 84 of 1996
- Further Education and Training Colleges Act 2006
- Higher Education Act 1997
5. ACCESS TO RECORDS
- Automatic disclosures
The following information is freely available:
- ADvTECH Limited Annual Report – see website
- Records that may be requested
The following records of ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trustmay be available upon request:
- Companies Act records
- Financial records
- Tax records
- Asset records
- Income and other tax records
- Employment records
- Employment policies
- Information technology records
- Procurement records
- Other party records
Note that recording a category or subject matter in this manual does not imply that a request for access to such records would be honoured. All requests for access will be evaluated on a case by case basis on their own merits, and ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trust reserves the right to decline to grant access to records in accordance with the provisions of the Act.
- Request procedures
- Any person wishing to gain access to information (“the requester”) must use the prescribed form (see form A hereto) to make the request for access to information. This request must be made in writing and addressed to the Information Officer at the contact details set out in section 2 above.
- The requester must –
- provide sufficient detail on the request form to enable the Information Officer to identify the record and the requester; and
- indicate in which form of access is required; and
- specify a postal address or fax number within South Africa; and
- identify the right that the requester is seeking to exercise or protect, and provide an explanation of why the requested record is required for the exercise of that protection.
- If a request is made on behalf of another person, the requester must submit proof of the capacity in which the requester is making the request to the satisfaction of the Information Officer.
- The Information Officer will make a decision whether to grant the request or to decline the request, and must notify the requestor in the required form.
- If the request is granted, then an access fee must be paid for the search, reproduction and preparation, and for any time that has exceeded the prescribed hours to search and prepare the record for disclosure.
- If, after reasonable steps have been taken to find a record requested and same cannot be located or does not appear to exist, ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trust will advise the requester accordingly.
6. Availability of the manual
ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trust’s manual is available for inspection free of charge at the registered address as set out in the contact details at 2 above. Furthermore, a copy is available from the SAHRC (see contact details in 3 above) and on ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trust‘s website as set out in 2 above.
The Act provides for 2 kinds of fees –
- request fees – non-refundable administration fees paid by all requesters (except personal requesters);
- access fee – paid by all requesters only when access is granted. The fee is intended to reimburse ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trust for the costs involved in searching for a record and preparing it for delivery to the requester.
ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trust may withhold the record until the request fee and the deposit in terms of section 8 hereof (if applicable) have been paid.
A requester who seeks access to a record containing personal information about that requester (“personal requester”) is not required to pay the request fee.
Every other requester, who is not a personal requester, must pay the required request fee (refer 7.3 below)..
The fees payable are as follows:
- The fee for a copy of the manual in terms of regulation 9(2)(c) is R1.10 for every photocopy of an A4 page or part thereof.
- The fees for reproduction referred to in regulation 11(1) are as follows:
|2.1||For every photocopy of an A4 page or part thereof||1.10|
|2.2||For every printed copy of an A4 page or part thereof held on a computer or in electronic or machine readable form||0.75|
|2.3||For a copy in a computer readable form on -|
|2.4.1||For transcription of visual images, for an A4 page or part thereof||40.00|
|2.4.2||For a copy of visual images||60.00|
|2.5.1||For a transcription of an audio record, for an A4 page or part thereof||20.00|
|2.5.2||For a copy of an audio record||30.00|
- The request fee payable by a requester, other than a personal requester, is R50.00.
- The access fees payable by a requester referred to in regulation 11(3) are as follows:
|4.1||For every photocopy of an A4 page or part thereof||1.10|
|4.2||For every printed copy of an A4 page or part thereof held on a computer or in electronic or machine readable form||0.75|
|4.3||For a copy in a computer readable form on -|
|4.4.1||For transcription of visual images, for an A4 page or part thereof||40.00|
|4.4.2||For a copy of visual images||60.00|
|4.5.1||For a transcription of an audio record, for an A4 page or part thereof||20.00|
|4.5.2||For a copy of an audio record||30.00|
|4.5||To search for and prepare a record for disclosure, for each hour or part thereof reasonably required for such search and preparation||30.00|
- Actual postage is payable when a record must be posted to a requester.
In accordance with s54(2) of the Act, ADvTECH Limited Share Incentive Trust may require a deposit in cases where searching for a record exceeds 6 hours. The deposit will represent one third of the access fees payable by the requester.
9. Right of appeal
A requester that is dissatisfied with the Information Officer’s refusal to grant access to any information may –
Within 30 days of being informed that the request was not granted lodge an internal appeal; or
Within 30 days of notification of the decision apply to court for relief.
Likewise, a third party dissatisfied with the Information Officer’s decision to grant a request may, within 30 days of notification of the decision, apply to court for relief.
10. Prescribed forms
Form A: Click to download (PDF)